Creamy, Dreamy Soups

"Soup puts the heart at ease, calms down the violence of hunger, eliminates the tension of the day, and awakens and refines the appetite" AUGUSTE ESCOFFIER (The King of Chefs)
The best things in life are those that comfort us like a warm blanket on a chilly night. For me that is what homemade soup does. There really is something "feel good" about a pot of soup made with love.

These creamy, dreamy soups are just part of the collection of soups I've made and shared here at Cooking On A Budget. Each can be enjoyed all year long and especially during the colder months when we welcome something hot, filling and satisfying to shake off a winter cold or warm our bellies on a blustery, cold winter's day.

I used to own a small restaurant (I've mentioned that a few times in the blog.) and soups were always on the daily menu. Everything from scratch - just like I made at home. All of the soups in this post can serve as the main dinner meal in your home. Each one is not only delicious but filling as well and with a bit of cream (or a little more than a bit) they are creamy and they are dreamy!

NEW ENGLAND CLAM CHOWDER ~ I have been told by some that this is the best version of a creamy New England Clam Chowder they've ever had. Personally, I love this and I've only had one other chowder in a fine dining restaurant that I thought edged this one out.



According to my husband, this is his favorite soup that I make: BAKED POTATO SOUP. I used to order this soup from a local restaurant and always wanted to make my own at home. I finally did that and think my recipe is an outstanding version. This soup is thick, creamy, packed with intense flavor and it eats like a meal. Very satisfying and very filling. Your entire family is going to love this.


CURRIED CAULIFLOWER & CHEDDAR SOUP is a soup I created last fall. It's just a beautiful and all around scrumptious soup that could be served as a main meal or as a starter course if you are entertaining. It's easy to make and I think you'll be impressed with the overall taste.


These last two soups I made this summer with fresh squash from the garden and fresh corn from a local farm market. Though they have the word "summer" in the title, you can make these soups year-round.

SUMMER SQUASH BISQUE ~ I practically ate the entire pot of soup myself when I made it. Truly I was hooked on it as I ate it at lunch and had a small bowl in the evening. Let me tell you, it's that good! With some croutons added on top, this soup also is a meal in itself. And it's the kind of soup that's elegant enough to serve dinner guests.


And this last offering, SUMMER VEGETABLE CHOWDER is scrumptious. It has summer squash, fresh corn off the cob and potatoes among other tasty ingredients that combined with a touch of cream is off the charts flavorful and so satisfying. I froze some of this soup too so I'll have it when the weather turns frigid. One of my husband's friends tried this and he thought it was one of the best soups he has ever tasted. Hearty and filling this is a complete meal too.


There is another creamy soup I made and blogged here that I plan on re-making hopefully soon. The reason it's not in this collection is that the photograph is totally horrendous. So look forward to some more creamy soups coming down the road. Until then, I hope you'll give these recipes a try.

Comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts