Baked Taco Dip

Tag sale finds lead me to wanting something with Mexican flavors. Hence, Baked Taco Dip for a lazy, rainy Sunday afternoon.

Friends are moving and I helped them with their tag sale this past weekend. Much to my delight I ending up with some great treasures that remind me of Mexico. I decided that this rainy Sunday required some relaxation and a nice little snack of tortilla chips and this homemade Baked Taco Dip.
The dip is spicy, cheesy and packed with flavor and it goes so well with tortilla chips. It takes about 10 minutes to put it together after the cream cheese gets soft and another 20-25 minutes in an oven. My toaster oven came in handy for this as I did not want to heat up my large oven on a rather muggy, humid summer day.
  • 4 oz. cream cheese - softened
  • 1 pkg. taco seasoning (I used McCormicks)
  • 8 oz. grated PepperJack cheese
  • 8 oz. Mexican blend cheese (Monterey Jack, Asadero and Quesadilla cheese blend)
  • 1 - 10 oz. can Rotelle
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 pinch cayenne pepper
  1. In a large bowl using a hand held mixer combine the softened cream cheese with the can of rotelle - juice and all. 
  2. To that add the taco seasoning, PepperJack and Mexican cheeses, the milk and the cayenne pepper.
  3. Mix well to combine.
  4. Spray your casserole with a cooking spray for easy clean up. Add all of the mixture and smooth it out.
  5. Bake in a preheated 375° oven for 20-25 minutes until it's all melted and bubbling.


Serve with your favorite tortilla chips. This is great for card night snacking, girls night in, tailgating, game day snacking ~ any time really that you want a quick and easy dip.


If you like dips and snack foods you may want to check out these other recipes here on the blog:






Comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts