Quick and Easy: French Vanilla Cookies



Yum
I love easy dessert recipes. And starting off with a cake mix makes these cookies fast and easy if you need a dessert to come together quickly.
  • 1 box French Vanilla Cake Mix ( I used Betty Crocker®)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 3/4 stick melted butter
  1. In a microwave melt the butter or use a sauce pan on top of the stove. Let it cool down a bit.
  2. In a large bowl add the cake mix, 2 eggs, vanilla and sugar and cooled down butter. Use a hand held mixer or wooden spoon and mix until incorporated well.
  3. Use a scoop and place the cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet. I used a 1 1/2" scoop.
  4. In a preheated 350° oven bake for about 10-15 minutes until the center comes out clean when inserted with a toothpick.
While the dough was on a tray but husband said, but they are not chocolate. God forbid I don't make chocolate! So my mind raced and I thought, well at the end when they come out of the oven I'll use the chocolate fudge sauce and sprinkle some over them hoping to satisfy the chocolate craving.

Well I wish I could say I invited some children in the kitchen to decorate the cookies with the fudge sauce, but no it was all me. I never professed to have certain baking skills and talents and these show that fact - however they are delicious and so inexpensive. There ended up to be 22 cookies for $3.30 total cost. So get in the kitchen with the kids and make a batch of cookies from a cake mix. You can swap out the cake mix for any flavor you like.


Comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts